HNBR (Hydrogenated Nitrile Butadiene Rubber)
- HNBR has excellent resistance to common automotive fluids (e.g., engine oil, coolant, fuel, etc.) and many industrial chemicals.
- The working temperature range is considered to be -40°C to +165°C.
- Good resistance to long-term exposure to heat, oil, and chemicals. Also good with aging resistance and low temperature resistance.
- The automotive market is the largest consumer, using HNBR for a host of dynamic and static seals, hoses, and belts.
- Disadvantage: expensive.
What is HNBR (Hydrogenated Nitrile Butadiene Rubber) used for?
- Rubber hose
- Rubber belt
- Oil resistant applications
- Industrial applications
- Automotive air conditioning system