FKM, FPM (Viton, Fluorel)
- FKM O-rings should be considered for use in aircraft, automobile and other mechanical devices requiring maximum resistance to elevated temperatures and to many fluids.
- FKM used in applications to resist harsh chemical and ozone attack.
- The working temperature range is considered to be -26°C to +205°/230°C (-15°F to +400°/440°F). But for short working periods it will take even higher temperatures.
- FKM resist mineral oils and greases, aliphatic, aromatic and also special chlorinated hydrocarbons, petrol, diesel fuels, silicone oils and greases.
- Disadvantage: too expensive. Especially perfluoroelastomer(FFKM).
What FVMQ (Silicone) used for?
- Rubber diaphragms
- Rubber cylindrical fittings
- Rubber hoops
- Rubber gaskets
- Semiconductor rubber parts manufacturing
- Aviation and aerospace