- Butyl has excellent resistance to phosphate ester fluids.
- It has an inferior high temperature limit when compared to EPM.
- The temperature service range for this material is -55°C to +105°C (-65°F to +225°F).
- Good ozone, weather environments, abrasion, chemical, and cracking resistance.
- Excellent air Impermeability.
- Poor gasoline and hydrocarbon resistance.
What is IIR (Butyl)used for?
- Rubber diaphragms
- Rubber gaskets
- Wire and cable insulations
- Rubber liners
- Rubber seals
- Rubber weather stripping, and bottle closures.